The PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box is an innovative, automatic litter box that stays fresh and clean without the hassle. Instead of scooping every day, the litter box does all the work for you! Clean-up is as easy as placing the lid on the disposable tray and throwing it away. ScoopFree gives you and your cat a consistently clean litter box you both will love.
Included in the Box
- Self-Cleaning Cat Litter Box
- Privacy Hood
- Original Scent Blue Crystal Cat Litter Bag
- Cat Litter Tray with Lid
- Power Adaptor
- Operating Guide
- Exterior of the Litter Box: 19 1/8 in. W x 27 5/8 in. L x 6 3/8 in. H (16 in. tall with hood)
- Cat Potty Area: 14 in. W x 15 1/2 in. L
- Cat Litter Tray Weight: 6.5 lb.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can my kitten use the ScoopFree box?
A: For kittens less than 6 months old, leave the litter box unplugged and scoop waste until they are over 6 months.
Q: How can I acclimate my cat to the crystal cat litter?
A: Most cats will easily adapt to the ScoopFree Self-Cleaning Litter Box, but some cats may need an adjustment period to get acclimated. Here are some helpful tips:
- Place the new ScoopFree litter box next to your cat's current litter box, allowing her to have access to both boxes for at least a week.
- Add a few handfuls of your cat's old, unused litter to the new crystal litter tray. You can also add some of the crystal litter to their current box.
- Stop cleaning your cat's old litter box, allowing it to remain dirty. Cats prefer a clean litter box, so this will help make the new ScoopFree litter box more appealing.
- Once your cat has transitioned to the ScoopFree box, remove her old box.
Q: How can I get the most use out of my ScoopFree crystal cat litter?
A: There are a few ways to maximize the life of your ScoopFree crystal cat litter:
- Place the ScoopFree litter box away from areas of high humidity, such as bathrooms, showers and basements. Since the crystal litter controls odor by absorbing moisture, having extra moisture in the air will shorten the life of the tray. Try placing it in a room with moving air to pull away moisture, like a room with a fan.
- If your cat consistently urinates in the same spot, try stirring the crystals occasionally to help distribute saturated crystals.
- Cats with diets that are high in crude fiber and ash content will produce more solid waste, which can prematurely fill the waste trap. Consider changing your cat's diet to a food with no byproducts or fillers.